Les Schwab Tire Centers Privacy Values and Policy
At Les Schwab, we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customer’s information. We know that your financial and personally-identifiable information is confidential and private. Our goals are to serve you as effectively and conveniently as possible and to ensure that information you share with us remains confidential. As part of our commitment, we have adopted the following privacy principles and have implemented them at all levels of our organization.
This Policy is provided to help you understand how we protect the privacy of your financial and personally-identifiable information. This Policy provides you with an opportunity to understand the way we manage your financial and personally-identifiable information. This Policy is provided to you jointly by all the Les Schwab companies listed at the end of this Policy and their affiliated member-dealers (collectively, “Les Schwab”). Les Schwab is comprised of several affiliate companies, all in the business of serving our customers’ tire needs.
Your Consent to this Policy
- Information security is a priority. One of our highest priorities is to secure our customers’ personal and financial information. We regularly review security systems to protect against unauthorized access to information.
- Privacy is a shared responsibility. You trust us to care for your tire needs and you have the right to feel confident we are responsibly managing your account and information about you.
- Responsible use of personal information is beneficial. Information is important for meeting your needs and providing consistent quality in our service to you.
- Information flow and privacy are a balance. We must meet expectations for privacy while still managing personal information to conduct our business and serve you. Information must be shared to fulfill your requests, deliver products and services and administer and update accounts.
Information Covered by This Policy
How We Collect Personal Information
We rely on many sources of information to understand and meet your needs. We collect Personal Information about you from:
- Your credit application or other information you give us when you visit us in person, over the phone and through the mail;
- Your transactions with any Les Schwab company;
- Consumer reporting agencies; and
- Other sources, in connection with providing you a consumer product or service.
How We Keep Personal Information Secure
How We Use Your Personal Information
When you supply us your Personal Information, we will use it for the express purpose stated when we ask for such Personal Information (e.g., to comply with Department of Transportation registration requirements, track warranty information on product or service you purchase from us, to charge your credit card for purchasing a product or service, to process your retail credit application, or to respond to any requests you may have about your account or a transaction). We may also use your Personal Information to contact you regarding your account or to provide information about products, services, or promotional offerings that may be of interest to you. At any time, however, you may request that we not contact you about products or services that may be of interest to you. We respect your privacy and your right to limit the reasons for which we contact you. Personal Information Shared within Les Schwab Companies.
Personal Information Shared within Les Schwab Companies
In order to respond to your requests for credit, we may share Personal Information among companies within the Les Schwab companies. The Les Schwab companies that may receive Personal Information include tire centers and warehouse distribution centers. Les Schwab may share this information within other Les Schwab companies as a normal part of conducting business and offering products and services.
Personal Information Shared with Affiliated Member-Dealers
Other Personal Information Sharing
At times, we may retain independent contractors to analyze data we collect, including Personal Information, solely to help us improve the goods and services Les Schwab provides to you. In addition, we may provide Personal Information to independent contractors to enable us to process your Personal Information for auditing, research, and analysis, or to provide other services for Les Schwab. These independent contractors are not authorized to use your Personal Information in any way other than to perform the requested services for Les Schwab, and these independent contractors are required to keep your Personal Information confidential. Les Schwab does not sell your Personal Information. We may also share Personal Information about you with companies or other organizations outside of Les Schwab as required by or permitted by law. For example, we may share Personal Information to:
- comply with the Department of Transportation’s tire registration requirements;
- protect against fraud, illegal activities, or situations involving threats or potential threats to the safety of any person or entity;
- establish or exercise legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- respond to a subpoena or court order; or
- service your account.
We may transfer your Personal Information if Les Schwab is acquired by or merged with another company.
We will retain your Personal Information in accordance with our document retention policy and applicable laws. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only as long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to carry on ordinary business activities. Also, we may retain your Personal Information beyond the end of your relationship with us if we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule, or guideline requires it.
Les Schwab Companies Providing This Notice
This Policy is provided by the Les Schwab companies listed below.
- Les Schwab Tire Centers of Portland, Inc.
- Les Schwab Tire Centers of Washington, Inc.
- Les Schwab Tire Centers of California, Inc.
- Les Schwab Tire Centers of Central California, Inc.
- Les Schwab Tire Centers of Idaho, Inc.
- Les Schwab Tire Centers of Boise, Inc.
- Les Schwab Tire Centers of Montana, Inc.
- Les Schwab Tire Centers of Nevada, Inc.
- Les Schwab Tire Centers of Utah, Inc.
- Les Schwab Tire Centers of Colorado, Inc.
- Les Schwab Warehouse Center, Inc.
Modifications to This Policy
Les Schwab reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice to you, to change or remove this Policy at its discretion. Policy changes will apply to the Personal Information collected from the date of the revised Policy, as well as to existing information held by Les Schwab.